Sunday, October 4, 2009

Reese's Cupcake


Reese's Cupcake, originally uploaded by gensler97.

I wanted to make something different. Since it is getting close to Halloween we had Reese's in the house. I made a chocolate cupcake and had planned to add either chocolate icing or chocolate syrup, instead I added both. The Second frosting is Peanut Butter Buttercreme. I topped it with cut up pieces of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and drizzled chocolate syrup on top of that.

This cupcake looks extremely sweet, but it isn't. I think the salty taste of the peanut butter really brings down the sweetness. I love it. Usually I can only eat two cupcakes from a batch, but I think I have had at least three this time. this is also the first time I came up with the cupcake completely on my own imagination.

What to make next?

No comments: